Sunday, April 03, 2011

The haircut and the lost ticket.

Sounds like a fairy tale or a nursery rhyme. But it more resembled a nightmare.

I decided to try a new hair person (highly recommended by a good friend) and it just so happens that she's located at Pentagon City mall. I hardly ever go to the mall and I certainly don't love going to a mall where I have to pay to park.

The haircut went pretty well...the only thing I potentially regret is telling her to give me some long bangs. And if I end up being really sorry about that, it will be my fault because I told her to do it. Other than that, I would say it was fairly successful.

After the haircut, I headed out to the garage, paid $2 for parking and got into my car. I quickly realized that I no longer had the paid parking ticket in my hand. I got out of the car, retraced my steps from my car to the ticket paying thing and didn't see it anywhere. I tore my purse apart and didn't find it. I looked all around the car...alas, no ticket.

There was nothing else to do...I couldn't find it. So I drove to a cashier exit and explained to the lady what happened. She asked me if I had a receipt. Of course I didn't have a receipt...why would I need a receipt for paying $2 in cash? (Bet your bottom dollar I'll be getting a receipt every time from now on.)

The only option that resulted in me being able to actually leave the garage was to pay the $16 lost ticket fee. I was in tears as I handed her my credit card and by the time I exited the garage, the tears were flowing. I called Chris to tell him I was on my home and told him what happened. His response? "Why are you crying?"

I was so mad. I had just paid $18 to park to get my haircut. I don't let go of those things very easily...it irks me when I make those kinds of mistakes. And I'm definitely my own worst critic.

When we got home from church this morning, Chris opened the passenger side door of his car (the car I drove yesterday) and holds up the green ticket. It was between the seat and the door on the passenger side and must have fallen there when I tossed my stuff onto the seat.

I will so be calling them tomorrow to try to get my $16 back. Hopefully this story will have a happy ending.

1 comment:

Dana Brown Ritter said...

Oh, that stinks. I understand! I would cry too. I hope they are understanding and give you your money back. You deserve it!