Thursday, June 09, 2011

Toast...

Not the kind you eat...the way I feel.

The past couple of days have been crazy. Yesterday started and ended with a dead car battery. Thank God for the Bennetts...amazing, amazing friends who took good care of us yesterday, including putting in a new battery for me.

Today, I was looking forward to picking Torin up from school and coming home for a quick dinner and some relaxation before putting us both to bed early. But my lovely plans were thwarted by a sudden, and very horrible, grinding sound coming from my rear brakes. It was so bad that they I didn't even want to drive home and then have to drive it in to the dealer in the morning. So, after picking Torin up from school, he and I headed out to the dealer.

The silver lining was that after dropping the car off, we had a very yummy dinner at Zoes Kitchen. If you like chicken salad I highly recommend it. And their chocolate cake was incredible...I love sharing cake with Torin. He says, "Torin taste." And after I give him a bite he says, "Mommy taste." What a sweet boy.

After dinner we spent another 90 minutes in the waiting room of the dealership. Fortunately, Torin's preschool teacher let us borrow a DVD so he could watch it in our portable DVD player...that probably saved the evening. Thanks, Ms. Summer!

And one of the other customers gave Torin a couple of tennis balls to play with. I thought that was very nice.

Good news is that the brakes are replaced. The bad news is that this was the second late night in a row for Torin. It will likely take him a few days to catch up.

And I'm completely exhausted. This is definitely not ideal timing for these kinds of problems, but I'm so thankful for incredible friends who are watching out for us. And in the scheme of life, these are fixable problems.

Here's to hoping tomorrow is a low key day.

No comments: