Sunday, July 31, 2011

"Torin pray."

Torin and I got home from church today and after a battle through lunch and getting upstairs for nap time that had me beyond frustrated, he melted my heart.

He was sitting in his rocking chair drinking his milk and reading his Bible. I LOVE watching him read his Bible but I have to say that I just really wanted him to finish his milk and go down for a nap because he needed it and so did I.

After he was done reading, he said, "Torin pray." What could I say to that?

And with no prompting from me, here's exactly what he said:

"Lord, today. See Jude. Jesus name, Amen."

As his mom, I don't need a translation, but I'm happy to provide one for others. :)

"Dear Lord, thank you for today. Thank you that I got to see Jude. In Jesus name, Amen."

At a moment when I was near screaming, he completely melted my heart. It's so amazing to hear my son pray on his own. Thank you, Jesus. What a gift we have been given.

And to top off the evening, he was singing, "Glory to God, glory to God, glory to God forever" as we were listening to worship music.

THANK YOU, JESUS!! I pray his love for prayer and worshipping God only increases throughout his life.

No comments: